kidsmART after-school program
camp kidsmART summer day camp
NYC Public School Residencies
Art Classes for Children
Art Classes for Adults
The goal of the kidsmART after-school program is to offer the children of our community high-quality, engaging visual and performing art workshops, recreation, science lessons and academic assistance. We want to offer this experience to any child interested in coming to the program. In order to facilitate this we’ve made the following changes.
- kidsmART will now be open 5 days per week, Monday through Friday.
- Children will be permitted to attend a maximum of 3 days per week. Depending on the number of children interested in attending the program, this number may decrease to 2 or increase to 4. We want every child interested to have the opportunity to come.
- The number of children allowed to attend kidsmART on a given day will be reduced to 60 (we formerly admitted 90+). As always, we will operate on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- If you arrive and we are already full, you will be able to reserve a spot for your child for the next day they are able to come. (i.e., if you come on Monday, and we are already full, you will be able to tell the Director that the next time your child can attend is Thursday. We will take their name and hold a spot for them on Thursday.) If you plan to come at a later date and then that day does not work, it is your responsibility to call the RAA office at 718-474-0861 and inform us of the day you would like reserved for your child. If you miss the day a spot was reserved and do not contact us, we will not hold a spot indefinitely.
- kidsmART applications will NOT be accepted at the door of the program. Please download complete applications below, fill them out and mail or turn them in at any of the following sites*:
- RAA Office, 260 Beach 116 Street, 2nd Fl., Rockaway Park, NY 11694 Open Monday – Friday, 9am – 2pm
- PS 114 Cafeteria, Wednesday, October 3, 2:30pm – 3:30pm
- Building T-149, Fort Tilden, Saturday, September 29, 10am – 12pm
- Register by Wednesday, October 10 in order for your child to be eligible
to attend kidsmART beginning, Monday, October 15. Parents submitting
applications after October 10 will have to wait seven days for their
child to begin the program. (ie, If you submit an application on October 12, your
child cannot attend the program until October 19.)
*A limited number of applications will be available at the drop off sites for those without access to a computer/printer. We strongly encourage you to print out and fill out the applications before coming to one of the sites.
Register now for RAA’s FREE kidsmART after-school program!
Start Date: October 15, 2012
Sessions: 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm, Monday - Friday
Location: Building T-149, Fort Tilden
Registered by N.Y. State Office of Children & Family Services.
Click here to Download complete package of forms in English
Click here to Download complete package of forms in Spanish
Completed registration packets can be mailed to or dropped off at the RAA office located at:
260 Beach 116 Street
Rockaway Park, NY, 11694
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm.